The generic name of Duromine is Phentermine. The role of this medication is to act as an appetite suppressant. This is done by stimulating neurons to release specific neurotransmitters called catecholamines. These catecholamines include ones such as norepinephrine and dopamine. When high levels of catecholamines are available in the system, the appetite and hunger signals are suppressed. Catecholamines are also believed to stop a chemical messenger to the brain, neuropeptide. This neuropeptide is responsible for reducing the amount of energy the body expends, increases eating and responsible for significant fat storage.
Who Is Generic Duromine Prescribed For?
Generic Duromine is a drug that is prescribed for people who are considered to be morbidly obese. These people often fall into the category of people who have a BMI greater than 27. If they suffer from medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol then they are a good candidate for this particular drug.
Generic Duromine is not recommended for old people and children younger than 16 years of age.
Generic Duromine Side Effects
There are side effects associated with the use of generic Duromine. These often include:
- Problems breathing
- Light headedness
- Increase in blood pressure
- Dryness of the mouth
- Bad taste in the mouth
Generic Duromine Precautions
There are certain precautions that individuals should take if they are using generic Duromine.
- Do not take the drug if you have any allergies to Duromine
- Do not take Duromine if you are taking other medications
- If you have a history of heart conditions, high blood pressure, diabetes, drug abuse, glaucoma and arteriosclerosis, then you should not take Duromine
- If you are pregnant or planning on becoming pregnant then you should not take Duromine.
- Duromine should not be taken if you are breastfeeding a child.